TORCH TODAY – Wednesday, December 30, 2015
– PWTorch Livecast Alert: Pat McNeill hosts the New Year’s Eve Eve Wednesday show with special guest Jonny Fairplay, plus your calls and emails at 5:00 p.m. EST. (Full Recap of last week’s episode with JTG & Lodi)
– WWE’s Holiday Tour and 2015 schedule ends Wednesday night in Toronto and Baltimore with the final two shows of the year. John Cena is headlining Toronto and WWE World Hvt. champion Roman Reigns is headlining Baltimore. (Full Events Center Break Down) (Torch Reader Alert: We’re looking for results sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
– On Tuesday night, NFL star Rob Gronkowski was ringside for the WWE house show in Providence. Gronk played it up with the Hype Bros. of Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley, who Gronk famously recorded hype videos with in the past. (Read Sean Radican’s full report in-person at the show)
Life doesn't get much better than this. Big win on the big stage w/ my best friends. @wwe @ZackRyder @RobGronkowski pic.twitter.com/TMQA095vMW
— Mojo Rawley (@MojoRawleyWWE) December 30, 2015
– The injury report on Sin Cara is he suffered a dislocated shoulder during Monday’s Raw episode. WWE has not updated the severity of the injury or said whether he will miss any ring time.
– John Cena continues to be everywhere trying to branch out from wrestling. Cena appeared in a web series called “7 Minutes in Heaven” with comedian Mike O’Brien. Included was another round of gas jokes at Big Show’s expense, plus other tomfoolery.
On Tuesday, Cena mentioned his hometown of West Newbury, Mass. during his guest-hosting role on NBC’s “Today” show. The Boston Globe picked up on Cena’s reference.
– The Miz was the guest of a new episode of “Allegedly” with comedian Theo Von and filmmaker Matthew Cole Weiss. The episode mainly focuses on Miz’s MTV/Real World background and transition to WWE. Yes, Miz’s story to TMZ about Big Show having gas is part of the episode. (Episode on iTunes)
– Jim Ross has been a regular fixture on the sidelines of Oklahoma Sooners college football games for multiple seasons. However, Ross says he will not be allowed on the sidelines for the Sooners’s College Football Playoffs semi-final game against the Clemson Tigers Friday night in Florida.
“Looks like my personal streak of being on the Oklahoma Sooner sidelines will be broken Thursday night as the powers that be with the CFP and the bowl people have put the hammer down on who gets a field credential,” Ross wrote in his latest blog at jrsbarbq.com. Ross also reviewed Monday’s Raw in the blog.
– In Flair Country, the Carolina Hurricanes NHL team has their own custom pro wrestling title belt to be awarded to the player who does … well, no one is quite sure. Yahoo Sports wrote about the players not being sure what qualifies for receiving the title belt beyond just doing something good during each night’s game.
– In the desert, Arizona Cardinals defensive player Cory Redding is still talking about his Ric Flair tribute after scoring a rare defensive TD during Sunday’s victory over the Green Bay Packers. The play from the former Texas Longhorns stand-out was initially just about Redding trucking Packers RB Eddie Lacy as he tried to prevent Redding from reaching the endzone. But, when Redding reached the endzone for a TD, the story became The Strut.
“That’s just spontaneous,” Redding said of his Flair tribute. “Any time I get a sack, I know I’m going to do Ric Flair or some kind of funky dance. I’ve done a few things for my kids off of a cartoon, off of Despicable Me. It’s like, ‘Vector, committing crime with both direction and magnitude. Oh, yeah.’ So I did that a couple times last year, but I didn’t know what to do. My go-to is Ric Flair because I’ve been doing that since my Detroit days.” (Full Quotes & Graphic break down of the play at AZCardinals.com)
– The new season of CW’s “Supernatural” show will have a pro wrestling themed episode. The description of the wrestling theme is at Movieweb.com.
– TNA wrestler Rockstar Spud is throwing his name out as a potential opponent for Kurt Angle as part of Angle’s TNA retirement tour in the U.K. in January. (Full Interview)
Click Here: liverpool mens jersey
– WWE released Lita’s Top 5 Picks for WWE Network content. Included is the “Rivalries” special with Trish Stratus, ECW Anarchy Rulz 1999, WCW Halloween Havoc 1997, NXT Takeover Brooklyn, and WWF Raw from April 1998 when DX invaded WCW.
– Fun with History: Check out this forgotten part of Chris Jericho’s WWF/E debut promo opposite “The Rock” Dwayne Johnson from August 1999. Does it apply today? (Video Clip)
– WWNLive/EVOLVE released a mini-documentary on “Hot Sauce” Tracy Williams.