Two Former Impact Stars Attend WWE Tryouts, Full Participant List
Posted On July 21, 2020
As reported earlier in the week, WWE held another round of tryouts at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando earlier today. As usual, the tryouts saw some of the best athletes from around the globe all show up in the Performance Center as they each tried their best to prove that they are the next big WWE Superstar. What made this batch of tryouts interesting is the fact that a couple of interesting and recognizable names that wrestling fans may be familiar with appeared at the tryouts. PWInsider has provided a full list of the participants involved in the WWE tryouts from earlier today. These names just may be the next top stars of the NXT brand in the future before moving on to either Raw or Smackdown.
– Robbie E: Perhaps the most familiar name on this list to wrestling fans is Robbie E. Robbie E is a 34-year-old wrestler who has been active in the business since 2001. He most famously competed in Impact Wrestling where he managed to win the TNA Television Championship, the TNA X Division Championship, and the TNA World Tag Team Championships on two different occasions. He decided to leave Impact back in September of 2017 after competing for the promotion since 2010. Robbie E has continued to compete on the independent circuit in the meantime.
– Max Castor: Another independent wrestler who has been making a name for himself in the northeast. Castor has been trained by Raw Superstar Curt Hawkins and Pat Buck.
– Chelsea Green: Another famous competitor that fans may recognize is Chelsea Green. Green is a 27-year-old wrestler who has wrestled on Lucha Underground, World Wonder Ring Stardom, and several other promotions. She appeared on Raw for a segment involving Daniel Bryan, Stephanie McMahon, and Brie Bella back in 2014, and she also competed in the sixth season of Tough Enough in 2015. Green most famously competed in Impact Wrestling as Laurel Van Ness, and she won the Knockouts Championship before she left the promotion earlier this year.
– Shaquille Powell: A 24-year old former football player in Duke University.
– Terence “TJ” Barnes: Another former football player who had a stint in the NFL before transitioning into wrestling.
– La Rosa Negra: Also known as Black Rose, Negra is a wrestler from Puerto Rico who has competed in promotions such as World Wonder Ring Stardom in the past.
– Rory Gulak: A independent wrestler in the northeast part of the United States and the younger brother of current 205 Live Superstar Drew Gulak.
– Scott Parker & Shane Matthews: A Canadian tag team who currently compete under the name 3.0
– Blaster McMassive: A wrestler who has most famously competed in CHIKARA.