Total Nonstop Action Wrestling sent out a text message alert to their “TNA Mobile” subscribers yesterday afternoon. Here’s the news along with some of my comments:
– Kevin Nash says he feels in the best shape of his life and isn’t ruling out one last run in the ring.
Backstory: A few weeks back there was a rumor Nash would fight Kurt Angle in the main event of Bound for Glory. Nash has been pulling backstage for TNA to bring in Scott Hall and Sean Waltman. Hall has been getting in shape and wrestled Carlito in Puerto Rico this summer. Waltman has been teaming with TNA star Judas Mesias in Mexico.
– TNA will be touring Texas soon.
– TNA is looking to hold PPV events in 2008 in Ohio, Virgina, Illinois and Massachusetts.
– Gangrel was backstage at last week’s TV tapings.
Backstory: As we reported here last week, former WWE star Gangrel is now a porn director. The “New Porn Order” sent out a press release with a quote from Gangrel: “I am thrilled to be joining the New Porn Order and taking this step into a new level of my career. Directing offers a new challenge that I am very excited to be taking on. I look forward to the many great films that will come from this union.” Wow.
– Kurt Angle is in talks with the IFL about competing in the future.
Backstory: Angle was interviewed by FOX News in late september and continued to put IFL over. He said that he would be able to work for the company while still fulfilling his responsibilities with TNA Wrestling. He also mentioned that he would need a year to train before fighting.
CENA INJURY UPDATE! He’s in Alabama RIGHT NOW getting an MRI – He Could Miss NO MERCY & Upto 4 Months!