WWE taped this week’s episode of SmackDown on Tuesday night from Kansas City, Missouri.
– The show opens with Roman Reigns’ music. He makes his way to the ring and is greeted with a mixed reaction, including some “You can’t wrestle” chants. Mark Henry interrupts him and unlike last week, puts Reigns over. Seth Rollins, Kane and J&J security interrupt them, with Kane talking down to Reigns and Rollins teasing that he could cash in his MITB contract at WrestleMania. Rollins says Randy Orton won’t be on the show tonight. Kane announces that in tonight’s main event, he’ll team up with Rollins against Reigns and Henry.
– Paige defeated Brie Bella in a quick match with a roll-up pin. AJ Lee was on commentary and Nikki Bella was at ringside.
– Intercontinental Contenders Gauntlet Match: Dean Ambrose vs. Stardust started off, with Ambrose getting the quick win. He attacked Ambrose after the pinfall. R-Truth came out next, beat up Stardust and threw him out of the ring. Ambrose returned the favor by delivering Dirty Deeds for the win. Luke Harper was next and eliminated Ambrose. Daniel Bryan then came out to a big pop and got a submission win on Harper. Dolph Ziggler is the final entrant and got another big pop, the crowd is really into the match. After some exciting back and forth action and several near falls, Dolph Ziggler won the gauntlet match after hitting Bryan with the Zig Zag.
– Bad News Barrett came out and cut a promo. He knocked out Ziggler, blocked a running knee from Daniel Bryan and hit him with a microphone. Barrett nailed Bryan and Ziggler with Bullhammers.
– Backstage, J&J security was shown guarding the arena entrance to prevent Randy Orton from entering.
– Cesaro, Tyson Kidd and Natalya defeated Los Matadores and El Torito after Natalya powerbombed Torito. After the match, as Cesro and Tyson Kidd were celebrating with the tag titles, Natalya took Tyson’s belt and held it in the air.
– Up next is the main event featuring Roman Reigns and Mark Henry vs. Seth Rollins and Kane.
– Up next is the main event, Roman Reigns and Mark Henry vs. Seth Rollins and Kane. Roman Reigns was out first. Mark Henry’s music hit, but he never appeared. On the big screen, Henry was shown laid out backstage. Rollins and Kane came out with J&J security and extra reinforcements. Rollins and Kane beat down Roman Reigns as the crowd chanted for Randy Orton. Reigns eventually fought back against Rollins and Kane, hitting Rollins with a Superman punch and Kane with a spear on Kane for the win. Reigns celebrated until Rollins came back in the ring.
Randy Orton’s music hit and the place went nuts. Orton cleaned house, delivering RKO’s to all of the heels except Rollins, who managed to escape. Reigns and Orton celebrated as SmackDown ended.
* MAJOR Potential Spoilers For The WRESTLEMANIA Main Event