NJPW To Run Back-To-Back WK Shows At Tokyo Dome in 2020
Posted On July 13, 2020
For the first time in New Japan’s history, their annual Wrestle Kingdom Event will now run on two consecutive nights inside The Tokyo Dome.
Prior to the main card of Wrestle Kingdom 13, New Japan showed a video highlighting tour dates through August. But they saved the biggest news for last: Wrestle Kingdom 14 will be held on two consecutive nights. January 4th & 5th, 2020.
This would be a big change in format from recent years. New Japan has ran the Wrestle Kingdom on January 4 while New Year’s Dash, a more angle-heavy show featuring tag team matches, usually runs the next day at Korakuen Hall.
Other dates announced include:
– The New Beginning in Sapporo on February 2nd & 3rd
– The New Beginning in Osaka on February 11th
– New Japan Cup in Niigata on March 23rd & 24th
– ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard At Madison Square Garden in New York City on April 6th
– Road To Wrestling Dontaku on April 20th in Aichi
– Wrestling Dontaku 2019 on May 3rd & 4th in Fukuoka
– Best Of The Super Jr. 26 Finals To Take Place on June 5th at Sumo Hall
– Dominion 6.9 in Osaka Jo Hall
– August 31 At The Copper Box Arena in London, England
Big match in 2019 is now announced!!
Oh My God!! We will have big events for 2 consecutive days at Tokyo Dome on January 4th and 5th in 2020!! Don’t miss it!!#njwk13 pic.twitter.com/NGhSwX79aJ
— njpwworld (@njpwworld) January 4, 2019
Count me in. pic.twitter.com/XSejRZ73rx
— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) January 4, 2019
#njpw is coming to London!????
August 31st in the copperbox!
Hope to see you there!??#njpw #njwk13 pic.twitter.com/7QprPUI48U
— NJPW Global (@njpwglobal) January 4, 2019