Jose Mourinho is looking to bring Real Madrid defender Eder Militao to Spurs on loan in January transfer window, according to reports.
The 22-year-old moved to the Spanish capital from Porto for a £43 million fee in July 2019.
But the defender has only made 23 appearances for Real since then, with his most recent setback being a positive coronavirus test in November.
OPINION: The only thing ‘scandalous’ here is Parker’s perspective…
Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane tends to play Raphael Varane and Sergio Ramos as his first-choice centre-back pairing, so it’s easy to see why Militao hasn’t become a regular.
A report on Monday on Spanish publication AS claimed that Mourinho had reignited his interest in Militao with the Tottenham boss ready to end his misery at the Bernabeu.
And now another Spanish newspaper in the form of Sport (via Sport Witness) reckon that Zidane will ‘accept the departures’ of Militao, Luka Jovic and Alvaro Odriozola in January.
It is said that Mourinho ‘wants’ Militao with the Portuguese boss ‘pressing’ the Spurs hierarchy to complete a loan deal for the defender until the end of the season.
The Brazilian is said to ‘welcome’ a move to Tottenham, who currently have Eric Dier and Toby Alderweireld as their first-choice partnership in the centre of defence.
Davinson Sanchez and Joe Rodon can also play there, but it’s thought that Mourinho wants to strengthen his squad further.
Meanwhile, Mourinho says Fulham should apologise for complaining about their hastily rearranged fixture if they name a strong side on Wednesday night.
Cottagers boss Scott Parker branded the decision to shoehorn the Premier League match into a Wednesday night slot at just 48 hours notice as “scandalous”, but it is falling on deaf ears as far as Mourinho is concerned.
The game was due to take place on December 30, but it was called off less than three hours before kick-off after the Fulham squad had a coronavirus outbreak.
And after Spurs’ scheduled game at Aston Villa on Wednesday was called off for the same reason, the Premier League moved quickly.
Mourinho said: “In relation to Fulham, I think we should wait for tomorrow. We should see their team, their starting line-up, their bench, the players that start, the players on the bench, and the players not involved in the game.
“And after that we can all feel sorry for them. Or we can all think that they shouldn’t speak.
“My feeling is just my feeling. It’s that they will play with everybody. Maybe one player out. Maximum two.
“That’s just my guess because all this is confidential information and we don’t have access to any of this. It’s just a feeling that I have, the best Fulham will be here, so when we see the best Fulham, then you realise lots of things don’t make sense.
“We played, if I’m not wrong, 10 more matches than Fulham since the beginning of the season.
“We played every week, three matches a week. We played, in one week, four matches. They played Saturday against QPR. In London.
“They have Sunday, Monday and Tuesday to prepare for the game. If they come with half of the team, I will be the first one to apologise to them. And I will be the first one to say we played this game with an advantage.
“If they come with their best, I think they should apologise to all of us. Come on, let’s play football.”