Michelle Williams is breaking her silence about former costar Kevin Spacey—and about sexual harassment in Hollywood.
Earlier this month, the House of Cards actor was accused of sexual misconduct by more than a dozen people. In wake of the scandal, director Ridley Scott decided to replace Spacey in the upcoming drama All the Money in the World, casting Christopher Plummer to reshoot Spacey’s scenes, portraying billionaire J. Paul Getty.
Williams, who also stars in the possible Oscar-contending movie, spoke to Entertainment Weekly about Spacey’s exit in the magazine’s new issue.
“This doesn’t do anything to ease the suffering of people who were all too personally affected by Kevin Spacey, but it is our little act of trying to right a wrong,” said the actress, 37, who was stunned by the allegations against Spacey, 58. “And it sends a message to predators—you can’t get away with this anymore. Something will be done.”
Click Here: collingwood magpies 2019 training guernsey
“I’m so very proud to be a part of this—we’re all here for Ridley,” Williams added. “When this idea was hatched I immediately started to feel better.” The actress, who worked on acclaimed movies including Blue Valentine and My Week with Marilyn for Harvey Weinstein’s Weinstein Company, hadn’t previously addressed the sexual harassment scandals roiling Hollywood.
RELATED: Kevin Spacey Allegedly Showed Teen Porn and Groped a Journalist in New Claims Against Him
In October, Star Trek actor Anthony Rapp alleged that Spacey made an unwanted sexual advance toward him in 1986, when he was just 14 years old. The same day, Spacey issued a statement in which he apologized to Rapp (though he said he didn’t remember the incident) and came out publicly as gay. In the weeks that followed, several more men came forward to accuse Spacey of sexual harassment or assault. A rep for Spacey has since said the actor is seeking “evaluation and treatment.”
Director Scott announced on Nov. 8 he would reshoot all of Spacey’s All the Money in the World scenes with Plummer instead, a costly decision that required the crew and cast—including Williams and costar Mark Wahlberg—to travel to London and Rome over Thanksgiving to finalize the film before its slated Dec. 22 release.