Reports that Man Utd have agreed a deal to sign Independiente del Valle midfielder Moises Caicedo have been dismissed.
Caicedo only made his first-team debut for Independiente del Valle in October 2019 but since then his career has taken off.
Over the last 14 months he has made 30 appearances for the club, scoring six goals and providing two assists for his team-mates, while he has now played four times for his national team, grabbing a goal and three assists.
OPINION: Mourinho’s cheat code tops Premier League winners and losers
Reports on Tuesday out of Ecuador claimed that a transfer to Man Utd was ‘all agreed’ and that only ‘legal issues’ remained before he could complete a move to Old Trafford.
However, El Diario (via Sport Witness) has now claimed that Caicedo’s club have ‘not yet agreed’ to his sale in the January transfer window.
It is said that Caicedo’s name ‘sounds strong’ in the Premier League with Man Utd and other English clubs mentioned in the article, which includes an interview with Caicedo.
It is claimed, though, that Independiente del Valle have now ‘put a price’ tag of €10m on his head, which is more than the $6m (€4.9m) previously reported.
The report adds: ‘And in the midst of such talks and negotiations, the young man took advantage of the December holidays to visit his family in Santo Domingo.’
On his rise to making his debut for Ecuador last year, Caicedo said: “The truth is I did not believe that everything was going to happen so quickly, but I entrust myself to God a lot and I work hard so that things turn out the way they are going.
“For example, I did not believe I would be at such an early age in the Ecuador national team, but as I said, everything is thanks to God and the opportunity that the ‘teachers’ give me to show myself.”
On recent media attention, Caicedo added: “It is very nice to be asked to interview… I did not think I’d grow up so fast. I make a lot of effort and I think journalists also notice that when interviewing me.”