Man Thought It Was A Blister. Now, Loses Foot To Flesh Eating Bacteria

In a tragic incident, a 26-year-old Raul Reyes woke up with an infection in the foot, and thought it was a blister from an injury at work. The next day the blister was covering his entire foot. “He then visited the clinic thinking it was something minor but he was told that he should get to the emergency room immediately. Then a yellowish mass spread across his right foot,” his wife, Joseline, told the Houston Chronicle.

After an X-Ray, the disturbing possibility of a deadly infection came forward, and the doctors had to hurry to stop the bacteria before it entered Raul’s bloodstream, which would accelerate the spread of the disease. He was admitted on February 23 at Ben Taub Hospital in Houston. Raul, a day-care teacher is now coming to terms with the ravages of a flesh-eating infection that burrowed into his appendage, reported The Washington Post.

Facebook/Joseline Reyes

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *