Interesting Royal Rumble Statistics & Records After The GRR Event
Posted On July 23, 2020
Less than two weeks ago, WWE had their Greatest Royal Rumble Event which took place in Saudi Arabia. After WWE’s Greatest Royal Rumble Event took place, below are some of the interesting statistics and records for Royal Rumble Events in general:
– Braun Strowman sets the record for most eliminations in a match with 13, beating the previous record of 12 held by Roman Reigns in 2014.
– Daniel Bryan lasted 76:06, breaking the record held by Rey Mysterio in 2006 at 62:12.
– Chris Jericho extended his ongoing record for most cumulative career time in the Royal Rumble, which now stands at 5:01:30. Rey Mysterio moved into third place with 3:49:50 and Randy Orton is now sixth at 3:12:38.
– Mike Kanellis tied Warlord and Sheamus with the second shortest time in a Royal Rumble Match at :02. That record is held by Santino Marella who lasted only :01 n 2009.
– In terms of career eliminations, Randy Orton moved into ninth place with a total of 26, while Braun Strowman is now in 11th place place with a total of 24 even though he has only wrestled in three Royal Rumble Matches so far.
– Chris Jericho, Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler all are now fifth all-time for most Royal Rumble matches with 11.