Gabriel Barbosa attracted to Premier League move
Posted On March 22, 2019
The striker has found form again at Santos but will return to Inter when his loan ends at the end of the year. Could he be off to the Premier League?
Inter striker Gabriel Barbosa is open to a move to the Premier League.
The 22-year-old’s loan at Santos ends at the end of 2018 and he is unlikely to remain with Inter, who are reportedly willing to sell him.
Everton, West Ham and Crystal Palace have all been linked with the Brazil international, who has scored 18 times for Santos this term and he says he would not dismiss a move to the Premier League.
“They are all important clubs with top quality players,” Barbosa told The Daily Mail.
“Hopefully everything will be good for everyone if we reach an agreement. There are many things involved, mainly Inter as they hold my rights. It hasn’t been decided yet, but it is very unlikely I will remain in Brazil.
“The Premier League always had great strikers and it is a joy to watch on TV. It is very competitive, fast-paced and dynamic, with loads of title contenders. There is quality everywhere, that’s why everybody loves it and I am no different. It attracts me a lot.
“I follow the Brazilians, sometimes we talk and all of them love playing in the Premier League.”
Despite joining Inter in a big move from Santos in August 2016, the forward nicknamed Gabigol has made just 10 appearances for the Serie A side and struggled on loan at Benfica before finding form again at Santos.
“It has been a very good year for me,” Barbosa added. “Individually it has been spectacular. I have matured a lot and playing more games gives you more confidence. I’ve played a lot of games and learned a lot.
“I wish for 2019 to be another happy year for me, as good as the one at Santos so far. What I can assure you is that my dedication will be at the maximum level.
“I want to play as well as possible to be called up again for the national team. In order to achieve that I need to score many goals, as every striker tries to do.”